The countdown to Super Bowl Sunday has begun. Here at Style Elevator, we love a Super Bowl party as much as we love the football. Whether you’re a Chiefs fan or are pulling for the 49’ers, we have you covered for your Super Bowl snacks. We think a Super Bowl party is one of the easiest parties to throw. There’s nothing formal about it; it’s just fun and easy!
Think about it: all you need is a good TV, some adult beverages and some hearty, delicious food and you’re good to go. Plus, expectations are a bit lower; no having to clean the house from top to bottom. When it comes down to it, your guests just want good food, good drinks and hopefully a good game.
Whether you’re inviting a few friends over or plan on hosting a crew the size of a small football team, preparing food that everyone (including the kids) will love is key. It’s easy to elevate typical Super Bowl fare. You know the ones: carryout pizza, chicken wings and store-bought chip/dip. While there’s nothing wrong with any of these, why not try out these simple recipes for something a little different this Super Bowl. Prepare for no-leftovers!
Several of Our Favorite Dips:
CORN & GREEN CHILI CON QUESO DIP
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 small can diced green chilis drained
- 8 oz. whipped cream cheese
- 5 oz. crumbled queso fresco
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
HOT ONION & CHEESE DIP
- 1 cup Hellman’s mayonnaise (ok to use lower-fat, NOT no fat)
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (or Gruyere or Jarlsberg if you are feeling fancy)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- 2 cups thinly sliced Vidalia sweet onion (if you are feeling gourmet, caramelize them first)
- Dash of hot sauce (Frank’s Red Hot, Cholula or your favorite brand)
Will Leave You Wanting More:
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/3 cup Hellman’s mayonnaise
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup (any brand will do)
- 1 package of 12 Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
SLOW COOK WHITE BEAN CHICKEN CHILI
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 Poblano peppers, diced (seeds removed if desired)
- 2 4oz. cans diced green chilis (mild or medium)
- 3 tsp. minced garlic (about 6 cloves)
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless check breasts
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 1 tsp. coarse kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 14oz. cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 tbs. lime juice (about 2 limes)
(For serving: top with chopped cilantro, lime wedges, tortilla chips, shredded cheese, diced avocados)
Super Bowl Necessities:
A TV with a great picture. Believe it or not it really is quite easy to find a great TV at a reasonable price! And with Amazon Prime, it will arrive in 2 days! Here are several 50″ options.
In the Kitchen – a few things to make life easier and festive.
Around the house – things you’ll use even after the game.
Enjoy the Game!